Friday, April 3, 2015

The Dream of the Cross

Was it just a dream...

Jesus with his cross, falling under its weight...and I am standing there feel drawn to lift it, to help, one more shoulder for a dying man...

Yet as I stooped to lift the cross, I felt his hand on my shoulder --and the words are spoken in my heart---

"Not my cross, but yours....

What?  I am stooping to help you and now you want me to add my cross to your cross--my burden to your burden?

All I heard was...let me carry it to the top of the hill and plant it, and when I die, your burden will die as well--and you shall be free of it forever, and you shall find rest for your soul.

Could it have been a dream?  The message of Good News of what God does for us in Jesus--not what we do for him?

Take it to the top of the hill, and plant it, and when I die--your burden dies as well and you shall be set free.

Just a dream.....

No comments:

Post a Comment