Monday, December 30, 2013

Lightning Strikes (again)...






"Holy, Holy, Holy..."
Isaiah 6

I went into the Quaker Meeting House today, and as I sat down, I looked up into the rafters and it was filled with light--or as Quakers understand it--Light.  I experienced the Holy--and please don't ask me to explain what that felt like.  Presence...    Incredible lightness of being... 

Now I want to be clear that of two things.... First that this sanctuary (and that's what it is for me) has played an important part of my life.  God has met me here before and upheld me.  Second that I just finished yesterday's post about lightning striking as God's time breaks into ours.  Unless we look for it, we may walk past it.  This is not to control it, but to be open to it.  Surely that heightened awareness prepared me.  But of the reality of that moment--no proof needed for the one who is gifted by it...even for a moment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment