Thursday, March 20, 2014

John Lennon Wisdom



When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life.  When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up.  I wrote down ‘happy’.  They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, 
and I told them they didn’t understand life.     –John Lennon

How many us truly understand the assignment we were given when we were born? Oh yeah, that was a very long time ago for some of us.  But to the very end, the assignment stays the same.  Buddha would say that happiness means letting go of resisting change in life which creates suffering, let go and go with the flow.  Jesus would say that happiness is to seek first the Kingdom of God when all things will then be given to you.  One appears to be the inward journey.  The other -- the outward journey.  What they have in common is stepping outside yourself and no longer making yourself the object of your life.  What a paradox!  You find your happiness when you let go of yourself.  By the way, notice how the quotation was written?  With "understand life" for its own line?  I think we only do that when we let go of our own life and walk into Life itself.  

No comments:

Post a Comment