Friday, October 25, 2013

What REALLY Feeds You?

So I am walking around a local lake, and I heard geese way over on the other side.  I came to a clearing with a bench and out of the corner of my eye--I see that these geese are actually on the move and swimming my direction.  Now mind you, this was a very long way across this lake. So, I just stood there to see if what I suspect was true.  Sure enough, it did not take very long for them to make the trip.  And why?  Because of the constant feeding of these birds, they were that conditioned to swim for people!  Their food source....

The very sad truth is that these geese swim so far but are no feed with the right food.  Lacking the nutrition, they can become malnourished and sickly.  No parallel here is there with our modern age eating and condition, is there! 

Jesus was after the same point!  He multiplied the loaves, people crossed the lake to find him--and then he chastised them for seeking because they had their fill of the loaves.  Why aren't you seeking the bread of life...why are you not as persistent as those geese but seeking the spiritual food you really need?  Oh, of course, that requires knowing who to swim for! 

No comments:

Post a Comment