Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Washington Caps Prayer

The snow was really coming down as was the temperature--and I grabbed the warmest hat I had--a Washington Caps wool beanie--and went out the door to the grocery.  I saw the lady checking folks out and I always speak to her. Her face told me something was very wrong before she told me that her daughter was in the hospital carrying a baby at 6 mos.  High blood pressure that would not come down.  A mother worries as much for a daughter who is worrying about her baby.  Please Pray....

I apologized to the man who was checking out because the conversation had held him up. But he must have heard...and looked very worried.  I said I would pray, by all means, and then I put my beanie on her (other checkers had hats also!) and told her she was "covered in prayer."  She was touched, looked relieved...and I think that prayer is just that tangible in how it covers us..."as a mother eagle covers young with her pinions" as the psalms say.  Roman Catholics use Rosary Beads, many denominations light candles--something tangible that says what the soul believes--that prayer embraces us, fully, and that when we ask--God IS there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment