Monday, February 23, 2015

Shutting Down the World.....

I love the way the snow shuts down the world....maybe it gives us all an excuse to detach, let go, a temporary freedom of responsibility.  I am not overlooking hardships caused in the meantime, nor do I wish to trade places with somebody in Boston.  Just peace, blessed peace from myself:  that never-ending list of people to see, places to go, things to do--the emails that expect instant answers.  Is peace something that passes understanding?  Or, is it something that I have the master key to as far as the lists in my life? 

There is a marvelous picture and a note card by graphic artist and calligrapher, Michael Podesta. It shows the snow descending and has this caption in red:   A gift of peace, quietly descending, blankets the terrain of the heart.

What does it take for us to shut down our own world...
and be at last at.....
Peace? 

No comments:

Post a Comment