Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Eyes of the Heart

                  Open the Eyes of the Heart!
Oh, there's nothing quite like this Maine view...with the water stretching out endlessly beyond the islands.  Even if you know absolutely nothing about this particular porch in this special cottage, the view alone opens the inner eyes to see more clearly into your own life.  It's a wonderful relationship--seeing outwardly opens the eyes inwardly. 

Now let me tell you why the place is so special.  I grew up in this cottage and spent hours on this porch on Capitol Island, just off Boothbay Harbror, Maine. It's the first place I return to every year.  I stand on the porch, and looking out, I see more clearly within.  I hear the voices of parents and grandparents long past, of family pets darting this way and that, of the sheer magnitude of the ocean expanse, leading me for the first time to feel my inner spiritual call in my soul. 

I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance ...Ephesians 1:18

No comments:

Post a Comment