Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Now Ready to Live

I just could not resist this old feed barn in East Tennessee! I drove past it, the image stuck with me, and I circled back several miles to take pictures of it.  What was it that caught my eye?  The first take is a barn overtaken by age into deterioration.  Then, the close up spots the flowers, the openness that allows the structure to breathe and shelter the birds.  Flowers are now climbing its walls. The second take is that the old barn is now restructured and living in a new way.  Just when something outlives its purpose, another emerges into new life.  Some might even say that this new structure gives more life than before!  How often do we give up on life because it seems to have lost its purpose? But...that may be when it is ready to really live. 

No comments:

Post a Comment