Sunday, June 10, 2012

Remember the Rocks

After years of passing the resevoir, I finally pulled the car over and just watched the water pour through the channel.  I remember hearing the water tumbling over rocks and smelling the foam.  It never occurred to me until later how the events of my life often race over me.  Sometimes I feel washed out.  Then I remember the rocks...the inner channel formed from the bedrock values of a lifetime. Circumstances change, life holds together!  In fact, I will never forget how the rocks in the channel for the resevoir were so polished and clear to reflect light.  Maybe the duress of life helps us to see what truly matters in our lives that remain time tested and true.  In A River Runs Through It, we learn that beneath the riverbed itself, there are rocks there, timeless pieces that hold us up as life runs through it.  Could it be that the timeless rocks were there from time immemorial in our genesis?

No comments:

Post a Comment