Saturday, June 9, 2012

The Thank You Bucket

I saw this bucket in a Liberty Mutual Ad, and it rings true with my experience--how about you?  Is it true that if you go through the day intentionally saying "thank you"--something changes inside, changes the day itself?  I think we are given a "thank you bucket" at our birth to return thanks to the Creator for the gift of our lives.  The great mystery and wonder of life is that no more how many "thank you's" we hand out, we never run out.  In fact, we soon learn that the bucket deepens.  We never run out!  I have experienced that a life of gratitude forms a foundation that can support the great burdens of life itself.  Through grief and heartache, those two simple words turn my spirit outward to the Spirit who gave me life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment