Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Get in the Zone!



Do You Remember this Turning Point 
in Remember the Titans?  

 

Ronnie "Sunshine" Bass: I can't make that pitch Coach.
 
Coach Boone: Yes you can. When I was fifteen years old I lost my mother and my father in the same month Ronnie, same month. 12 brothers and sisters I was the youngest one of them, now I wasn't ready either, but they needed me. Your team needs you tonight, you're the Col., you're going to command your troops! Twins right 48 zero read, *go!*
 
The regular QB had been injured, and Ronnie Bass was the only back-up guy.  Incredibly talented, but lacking confidence.  Coach Boone played by Denzel Washington, gives him a pep talk on the side-lines.  What really happened went beyond the words.  It was the relationship that the Coach had with him so that he heard the words and the words stuck to his ego. 

Not only did he make the pitch out in the back field, but he threw and ran for touchdowns in the win.  Or was it Ronnie Bass who had won his life and could go on to live it to potential.  

Who are our coaches, teachers, leaders--all those who inspire us to find the real person in our own lives?  The turning point--and mark these words--is not what is said to us, but our willingness to believe what we hear.  

How about the turning point in this conversation?   Do you remember it? 

Simon Peter answered him, ‘Lord, to whom can we go?  
You have the words of eternal life. 
John 6:68


No comments:

Post a Comment