Monday, October 1, 2012

Tug of War



 Tug of War!

 I caught these two dogs at play--a Yellow Lab and a Golden Retriever.  Take both together and I call them "retrieving dogs"--not a noun but perpetual motion verbs.  Now look closely at what they both hold in their mouths--a stick for a tug of war.  These two dogs tugged at it and pulled each other until they feel down in exhaustion.  Good for them!  Then I thought of people and our species.  I thought of the emotional tug of wars that we get into and I stopped smiling.  I had to catch my breath.  How often do we grab hold of each others' emotions and pull at each other--virtual tugs of war.  And when we finally give in, is it the exhaustion of good-hearted play or broken-hearted people? 

Just Let Go...

This isn't healthy for me
I really need to stop
When I think about our past
My heart wants to pop

So as I say my last goodbye
I want you to know
That I'm trying my best
To learn to just let go

                                                                                                       c. Aubrey

 This poem could be about anything we need to let go.  
What would you like to say goodbye to?




No comments:

Post a Comment