Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Stand Tall like a Redwood


The Secret About Redwoods 

Redwoods are nearly the oldest trees on the plant and certainly the tallest.  They live on average 500-700 years.   But do you know their secret?  Redwoods stand tall because they intertwine their root system.  Rarely do they stand alone.

Last fall, Hurricane Sandy blew through our area on the way to the northeast.  Our beautiful Plum Tree was literally pulled up out of the ground!  The tree stood by itself in the center of the yard without shelter or support. With all of its leaves, the storm turned it inside out like an umbrella and pulled it out of the ground!  We replanted it by staking out the four corners. 

And the moral of the story?  Resolve to stand tall like a Redwood.  Connect with others.  Find shelter when needed. Get nourishment.

Back to my favorite picture of posts (1/7,8).
Look at the inter-connection!
Can you feel the strength within this group?


‘I am the true vine, and my Father is the vine-grower. 4Abide in me as I abide in you. Just as the branch cannot bear fruit by itself unless it abides in the vine, neither can you unless you abide in me. 5I am the vine, you are the branches. Those who abide in me and I in them bear much fruit, because apart from me you can do nothing.      John 15











No comments:

Post a Comment