Friday, January 11, 2013

Stoking New Year Coals

Stoke the Coals!  

I love nothing more than an evening fire place ablaze.  Something in the dance of the flames settles me at the same time it stirs my passions. 
The release of the energy in the fire FIRES me--infuses me with peace and passion.  If that is not enough--then why not--I also light a large Yankee Candle for aroma.  Fill the senses with the fire of life. 

Of course, there is the link with fire and the Divine Presence--with Moses and then the Day of Pentecost. New life is infused, passion for something greater afoot, and a peace that passes all understanding glows.  But there is more here!

The morning after my last fire, I saw sparks and the crackle of wood still burning.  I stirred the coals, bunched them up, and with some short breaths--it burst into flames again. Oh, it needed some fuel...some careful setting of kindling--but that fire was alive. 

I wonder how many of us see sparks, hear crackles of flames long past in our lives--which maybe, just maybe we can stir up into new fire.  Oh, don't forget how careful the process must be--sitr, just enough breath, and--new fuel. 

I read many articles from the Harvard Business Review (Rekindling Passion for your Work) or Leadership Journal (When your Vocation Burns Out)--and all of them require going back over old ground to find the way forward--to ignite new fires with new fuel. 

And by the way, I would not leave out the source of fire that Moses discovered or the disciples found on the Day of Pentecost. 

No comments:

Post a Comment