Thursday, April 11, 2013

The Iron in the Lady

"Ladies and gentlemen, I stand before you tonight in my Red Star chiffon evening gown. My face softly made up and my fair hair gently waved. The Iron Lady of the Western world. A cold war warrior, an amazon philistine, even a Peking plotter. Well, am I any of these things? ... Yes I am an iron lady, after all it wasn't a bad thing to be an iron duke. Yes, if that's how they wish to interpret my defence of values and freedoms fundamental to our way of life." -
1976, speech to Finchley Conservatives.

It is said that Lady Thatcher was the Iron Lady.  She even agreed to that name.  So was Joseph Stalin!  So let us recall one single fact--that the iron hand which held up the values and freedoms of her people first came from the heart of flesh which beat with their lives. She stands with Sir Winston Churchill and his iron will which came from the life who was foremost the Britisher.  That was the strength of the real woman--velvet before steel.    

No comments:

Post a Comment