Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Getting througn the Day

Chitty-Chitty Bang-Bang 
through the Day!

You're gonna have to work with me on this analogy, and then it will really work for you.  Imagine the beginning of the day--the lightness of the load you carry and then as you go through the day, like the engine of a train--you pick up more and more cars, and that's a lot of baggage to pull around.  As each car couples up, the engine strains more and more.  Sooner or later, you turn into the Little Engine that Could--as long as you can make it!
 
 Instead of--"I think I can"--why not find a different way so that you don't have the pull a train load with yo the whole way?

Jim Lohr, in his book The Power of Engagement, reminds us to work 90 minutes and 10 minutes off.  Whatever it takes! Take that 10 minutes by walking up and down stairs--close your eyes and just re-center.  Let go and focus on where you are.  In that small amount of time--you are actually "recovering or resetting" your internal clock.  Lohr has worked with professional athletes, fortune 500 executives, and anyone who wants life back and renewed. Find a way to compartmentalize and move on--uncouple it and move on! Maybe then you can see the lush scenery and breathe in its spirit. 

I once took some time off.  It was unexpected  I just planned the trip and flew off to Maine from Nashville. As I leaned back in my seat,  I scribbled this poem out. 


Peace



The 737 left the runway,

Broke through the sunset,

Settled me into my seat,

And let go of my baggage,

Dropping it over Nashville.



What secret do planes know,

When to lift off, then let go,

Of the weight of the world,

The baggage dragged behind,

That just needs to be dropped?




No comments:

Post a Comment