Friday, March 22, 2013

What the water says

My own thought?  
When I know I am alive, I am standing 
near the surf which rolls all the way
to my feet.
I breathe in the depths of the ocean
where we first stepped out onto 
dry land and became a breathing 
organism...
which could be filled with the breath of 
God.

Ocean Pt Surf, Boothbay, Maine




There will always be times when you feel discouraged.
I too have felt despair many times in my life, but I do not keep a chair for it; 
I will not entertain it.
It is not allowed to eat from my plate.
The reason is this: In my uttermost bones I know something,
as do you. It is that there can be no despair when you remember
why you came to Earth, who you serve, and who sent you here.

Clarissa Pinkola Estes
American Author, Poet and Psychologist


No comments:

Post a Comment