Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Mack loves JESUS!

"I LOVE JESUS!" 

So I am traveling down the interstate--and what do my wondering eyes appear to see--but a plumber's van with the giant lettering across the back--"I LOVE JESUS!"  Now, I am happy for Mack, really, because there are alot of folks confused about what they do love and where their allegiances lie.  That funny turn of phrase is important--where "allegiances LIE."  For there are people with strong allegiances and later out in life they discover to their horror that they have been lied to, falsely aligned.  Many an ardent believer in Jesus feels betrayed when the world does not work out the way they think it should --  because they loved Jesus, well now, it should have been different they say.  "If he had really loved me, well then this would not have happened." 

We don't know Mack's story.  We only know that he was convicted enough to paint up his van and broadcast to the world.

There were 10 lepers cured by Jesus.  Only one returned to thank Jesus.  Do you suppose that he painted up his truck, took out a billboard, or sent out blast emails--I LOVE JESUS?  I am not being facetious. Those who go through such miraculous cures do tend to broadcast their stories--it is just that in this case, the one leper attributed the act to Jesus and thanked him.

Back to Mack.  I am happy for him.  I just hope he shows his gratitude beyond his lips to the works of his life.  "O Lord, grant that the words we say with our lips we may live in our lives...." goes the benediction.  And let us do so with gratitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment