Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Bride's Best....

When the Portrait Suddenly came Alive! 

The National Portrait Gallery enthralls me. (as does the free entrance....) I particularly like the famous series of the Presidents by Gilbert--we all know them. As I came down stairs from the President's Gallery, there was a bride posing for HER portrait.  But she was very much alive; she breathed anticipation.  Where else to have wedding portraits done! 

As I stood there, a security guard came toward me.  He meant to pass me by.  But I said to him, "Ya know that is the most exquisite portrait here.'  He laughed and said "and the most expensive!"  Not so sure about that--but there is a priceless depth in catching sight of the true human spirit and its joy--which every artist seeks out.

It is said that if you want to see God and know his heart--take a look at Jesus. Body and Blood of God become his life for us.  That's an eternal portrait....and he includes us in the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment