Thursday, March 12, 2015

Reach out your hand and touch...

"When I entered the new devotional chapel....
 a new room off of the main chapel....
I knew what I saw instantly....
and I had to reach out and touch each window." 

 I was caught off guard--totally.  I was touring the new chapel at Virginia Seminary.  The former chapel had burned years ago (2010), a relic from the 1860's.  Of course, that was MY chapel where I went to seminary--it was ingrained in me.

So of course I took a deep breathe to walk into the new chapel. I came to a room set aside as a devotional chapel for small groups.  There in the wall, what should my longing eyes see--but the 3 windows that survived the fire--there they were!  And I gasped.  Then could not help myself but to walk over and run my hands up and down the windows--a part of me, history still living, proof for me that they had really survived.

Now I know why Peter wanted to reach out and touch Jesus.
Was it really a lack of faith?  Perhaps.
Surely it was love. 


No comments:

Post a Comment