Sunday, December 2, 2012

Grinch Wisdom





Who Else for the First Sunday in Advent? 

"Oh the noise, Noise, NOISE!" 

For years, I would arrive home at the beginning of Advent and there would be the Grinch on TV. I am going to agree with the Grinch too!  There's no getting around the noise of the whole season of Advent leading up to Christmas.  It is enough as he said to "take the whole sleigh full to the top of Mt. Crumpit and dump it!" I know that the Grinch does not get the reason for the season. I know that the story is how he changes from a heart 2x too small into the strength of 10 Grinches.  But give the Grinch his due.  Is the reason for the season the whole holiday jumble--and the noise, noise noise?  I am talking about the clutter in the heart and mind.  We are the ones who fill up with the noise of the whole Christmas hoopla.  

No place of grace for those who avoid the Face. 
No time to rejoice for those who walk among noise 
and deny the Voice. ~T.S. Eliot

Give me a chair by a fire with silence within save the inner passion of preparing for the coming of the Christ child--that I too may seek his Face and hear his Voice.  











No comments:

Post a Comment