Thursday, December 6, 2012

Soul Searching


Captions I Could Not Resist!

"No Rudolph!  I said the Schmidt House---not the..........House!"  

or how about just one word....

R-E-C-A-L-C-U-L-A-T-I-N-G!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Here's a twist on this image--how do we find our direction, make our way in the world? Or even more bluntly--where is the GPS for the soul?  

it may just be me.  Do you think that the more we rely on our external technology, the less we know about the inner world of who we really are?  I like the tech stuff as much as anyone.  But, I notice that the more I talk with people, the more I hear a fixation on the outer world and a sense of loss about what Teresa of Avila calls "the interior castle"--or Good Pope John 23rd, "the journal of a soul."  Do we know our soul well enough to enter it as the castle it is--or to write its journey? 

Several times now, I used this familiar logo as a good play on words we need for ourselves.  


It's the familiar--"LOOK INSIDE."  Amazon gives us the click-on so we can look at the book's contents.  By doing that, they hope to sell more books because we see what we want.  Now ask yourself--where is the click-on to peer into your own soul?  In this "Journal," Pope John knows himself well enough to chronicle the journey of his soul.  It is utterly amazing how you come away with this awe of how well he knows who he is and the sense of God's presence within.  

So where is the GPS for the soul?  You can follow the journey of others and hear and see glimpses of yourself.  Or as you will discover with books like this one, start writing your own journal.  God inside.  Paint the picture of your interior castle--dare to get an inkling of your soul. 

No comments:

Post a Comment