Monday, August 19, 2013

Trail of Life

I was driving out of the parking lot when I saw three fawns tracking after their mother.  Two of the fawns were larger than the third and speckled with white spots.  The third was a good bit smaller without the spots--completely different!  Apparently, it is very rare for a doe to give birth to triplets, but when it does happen, one of the three can be a "runt" of that litter.  Or, there is a high probability that the different one was adopted by the doe.  All I can tell you is that the thought never crossed my mind at the time.  I turned off the car and my spirit walked after them into the woods, the trail of life that beckons and goes on.  Do you suppose that is how the disciples felt when Jesus called them by the sea of Galilee...that irresitible tug at the spirit by Spirit that leads into life?

I will not wish thee riches, nor the glow of greatness,
but that wherever you go some weary heart shall gladden at your smile,
or shadowed life know sunshine for a while.
And so your path shall be a track of light,
like angels' footsteps passing through the night.
Author Unknown






No comments:

Post a Comment