Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Conducting the Holy Spirit

I thought I bought a front row seat in Baltimore to hear The Planets.  What I got instead was a ring side seat to see the Spirit.  In the pre-Planets piece from Stravinsky, a violinist came out to play supported by the orchestra.  The relationship between conductor and violinist was electric--it ignited before my eyes!  Each drew from the other amazing sounds in the soul. It was an unmistakable conducting of the Spirit for me. 

Can I say anyone else experienced that?  Did anyone else feel the power of the Spirit?  On the way out, I met an astro-physicist who came for the pre-concert lecture--actually, the director of the Hubble Telescope.  He also had slides that played during the performance of The Planets.  "Oh yes," he said," the violinist was quite good" as he went on to talk science. I was standing there feeling "electrocuted" from the power of the Spirit.  He was in another world completely. 

The point is that the Spirit moves and flows and CREATES!  It gives life, builds up, and raises us to God's presence.  We have all been given one amazing ticket of grace for this life in the Spirit. It comes as we become at one with others.  The nearness to the relationship between conductor and violinist was electrifying....and it drew me into it's greater life. In Jesus Christ, God draws us into the heart of the Spirit which conducts us -- so to speak--into God's life.  Frankly, I do not need that explanation!

No comments:

Post a Comment