Monday, November 25, 2013

Now I lay me down to sleep...



                                                         Book of Common Prayer



Is the picture of Jesus really so juvenile to be a turn off for most people.  I wonder.  Despite all our maturity, who are we really in the arms of Jesus?  Perhaps as we go to bed, this picture can set the day in perspective.  Who are we really before Jesus? 

Most of us grew up with “Now I lay me down to sleep.” Now, I suspect that many of us (including myself at times!) just fall into bed.  This prayer from the service of Compline comes from The Book of Common Prayer.   I like to keep a prayer at my bedside just to read before I go to bed.  I like to have that one thought in my mind rather than the many that race through from the day

No comments:

Post a Comment