Friday, November 1, 2013

I mean to be one too....

 
 
 
 
 
       I sing a song of the saints of God, 
            patient and brave and true, 
            who toiled and fought and lived and died 
            for the Lord they loved and knew. 
            And one was a doctor, and one was a queen, 
            and one was a shepherdess on the green; 
            they were all of them saints of God, and I mean, 
            God helping, to be one too.   
                                               Lesiba Scott (1898--1987)
 
 

Careful...handle with care! 
I was raised on that beloved hymn, text and images for sainthood. 
Now my world has opened and I see saints as those who say what they
believe about Jesus Christ by what they do....and not necessarily confined to the 
stereotype of the church.  Then I saw this image...of the saint feeding the saint. 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment