Thursday, February 27, 2014

Finding your Way in the World

This sign not only exists in Maine...but it is accurate!  These are all Maine cities within this range of miles.  For years it has been a favorite postcard. 

CS Lewis said that when we are lost in the woods, the sight of any sign matters alot.  We stop.  Read. Get our sense of direction.  Then hit the road and try again.  It especially helps, he adds, when we know our destination! 

This prayer of discernment has always been special to me.  It says that God is the sign to look for in the world.  God is always at hand, right before our eyes when we truly seek him! 







Discernment Prayer (Sisters of Notre Dame
Walk with me, good and loving God, as I journey through life.
May I take Your hand and be led by Your Holy Spirit.
Fill me, inspire me, free me to respond generously to Your call.
For I believe You desire my deepest joy,
And it is only in Your company
That my soul will be satisfied
And my life will find its meaning and purpose.     Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment