Wednesday, February 26, 2014

The gift of forgiveness...

c. Michael Podesta Graphics


If I have harmed anyone in any way
either knowingly or unknowingly
through my own confusions
I ask their forgiveness.

If anyone has harmed me in any way
either knowingly or unknowingly
through their own confusions
I forgive them.

And for all the ways that I harm myself,
by judging or doubting or being unkind
through my own confusions
I forgive myself.


Buddhist Prayer of Forgiveness 


I love both of these--the graphic image and the Buddhist Prayer!  The word "Alleluia" is connected in one circle and literally means "to God be praise."  It is an unending chorus that builds from within, moves into the world and connects others into the circle of prayer.  Now read the Buddhist Prayer.  It is circular as well...and that is the message of forgiveness--that it moves on all those levels and ultimately between all people.  In both the Hebrew and Christian Scriptures, the Great Commandment is to love God and your neighbor as yourself.  Isn't forgiveness a part of that circle? And never mind that little song about "Happiness runs in a circular motion!"  

No comments:

Post a Comment