Friday, November 16, 2012

Soul Renewal

Renew the Soul!




“Those who contemplate 
the beauty of the earth 
find reserves of strength 
that will endure 
as long as life lasts.”  

                                        Rachel Carson  Silent Spring









I have never, ever found anyone who disagrees with Rachel Carson's quotation.  
I find very few who have ever tried it.  

Some say, "Well, but I live in the city and where's nature to be found?"
(What a shame!)  
Others tell me:  "I know it is out there. But I run dawn to dusk.  I can't get me out there."  
(Okay, you have joined the mechanical, electronic world.)   

The excuses roll on.  Yes, but....
But what!  

  
  Consider the lilies of the field,
 how they grow; they neither toil nor spin,  
29yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory 
was not clothed like one of these.   
                                                                              (Matthew 6:28-9)

 Some things you can try...
Watch the sun rise -- listen deeply, breathe deeply as the world wakes up.
Or, catch the sun setting.  It takes only a few minutes out of the day. Watch night fall.
Sit outside at night, listen to the noises, and feel the night world. 
Take yourself for a walk and really look at the world around you.  

Or--
get a book of world wide art (by Elliot Porter?) and enjoy some of the pictures.  Place yourself in the pictures.
get cds of nature sounds, close your eyes and let the sounds run through you.  

Once you experience it--there's no more living without it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment