Monday, November 19, 2012

Unforgettable Lessons

The Lessons You Don't Forget

So there I was--laid up in a hospital bed with an F.U.O.--fever of undetermined origin--or more aptly, the UFO--by the time I can flown around the hospital trying to figure out why I ran this 100-103 degree temp for three weeks. Yikes--you talk about burning up and drying out!  My middle name was Noxema!   The worst part was that the tests they ran created more complications--eventually pnuemonia.  First I was afraid I would die.  Then that I would not die!  Which was worse? 

Oh yeah, I finally got discharged without lymphoma (the suspect) but with CMV blood disease (the culprit). But  all of that description is to set up what happened a month later. 






I went to visit somebody in another hospital.  Out of nowhere comes this young man who calls me by my first name.  Never saw this guy in my life!  How are you feeling?  I was so happy when you were discharged from the hospital.  I was taken aback.  Hold on, excuse me, do I know you?   Here is what I heard....

Well, sorta I guess.  My name is Earl Jensen and I was the guy who cleaned your room over at the hospital.  I pray for the patients when I clean their room.  When you pray for somebody, you never forget their name. 


Right.  I never forget the lessons with my name written on them.  It was also a good lesson to start in my own life.  


No comments:

Post a Comment