Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Blah, Blah, BLAH!

E-N-O-U-G-H! 
I just had enough at the supermarket as I walked the aisles and at least four people were walking around having "open air" conversations--no matter that they were intruding into everyone's emotional space--yak, yak YAK!

No diatribe here--just the concept that each of us occupies what I have called "space" and how we use that space really does matter.  Imagine taking your shopping cart and slamming it into somebody else with complete disregard.  We do that with our voices as well when we "collide" with others in an open-air conversation in which our voice level "bumps into" everyone else.

James Kavanaugh, priest and poet, writes in Walk Gently, that the way we "lean into life" effects everyone around us--the human domino effect--and we can knock a lot of people over that way.  I guess that's what I experienced when around every corner the dominoes kept tumbling into me.

Hey wait a minute.  Do you suppose a "gentle" calm voice, the use of "thank you, excuse me" letting others have the right of way can change the environment --even a supermarket?  Do we have the capacity to actually effect our immediate world for the good?


 

No comments:

Post a Comment