Friday, May 3, 2013

Love at First Sight



 As a blind man, 
I think I see a lot better than when I as sighted...
because I think we don't really see with our eyes. 
I think we live in darkness 
when we don't really see.....
what's real about ourselves
                                                      Virgil Adamson


If we do not see with our eyes, then what do we see with, Virgil?  
Our hearts?  Kind of nebulous...do we mean our emotions?  Hmmm...
I think we see through our accrued experience, the "Ah Ha" events are really the accumulation of facts from experience that suddenly fit into a new whole.  Not very glamorous, I admit--but better than a Ouiji Board!  

The real point is this--how much do we trust the vision of the heart?  Can we go with the flow of experience?  Back up the ah-ha revelations with action?  

In the movie, At First Sight, Virgil receives his sight only to learn that he cannot relate to a world developed in darkness.  He slowly loses his sight, only to accept the world of darkness by living with the light of experience and what he trusts  in his relationship where is accepted and loved by his girl friend. 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment